Sunday, February 13, 2011

We Made It To Reno!

 
We made it to Reno, Nevada with dry roads and sunny skies all the way.  It is 54 degrees, the sun is shinning and it is just a beautiful day.




This is what happens when you are going down the road 70mph and the picture you want is on the wrong side of the road!
The only trouble with being married to a retired truck driver is once he gets behind the wheel of a vehicle, he doesn’t want to stop until he reaches his destination. We take turns driving and sleeping and we just keep going.  I keep telling him we are getting too old for this kind of nonsense and he keeps telling me he is not that old!  We travel I-70 to just west of Denver and then take state route 9 to Kremling where it brings you into the Old National Highway, US 40.  We stay on US 40 all the way to Salt Lake City.  This takes you through some beautiful country.  They had a lot of snow up there this year and the mountains are spectacular. 

I am no photographer, but I did get a few pictures that I hope turn out well.  All of these pictures were taken through the window while we were moving since the driver wasn't stopping for anything.  We pick up I-80 near Salt Lake City and that takes us straight to Reno. 





We lived in Reno for almost 40 years and during that time saw a lot of changes.  When I moved to Reno, in 1960 it really was a small town surrounded by the Truckee Meadows.  Now the meadows are gone, replaced with houses and shopping centers.  I know change is necessary, but I can’t help feeling a little sadness and longing for the way it used to be.  

Hubby starts work on the 22nd and I start on the 28th so we have a little time to just kick back and relax and get together with friends before we have to get back into the work routine.  My daughter, Wendy, house sits for us while we are gone and takes care of our animal family.  I miss them already.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! We are here in Reno at Silver Sage RV Park. Nani started today Valentine's Day and Bob starts on 2/28. Can't wait to see you.