Monday, July 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home???

We just couldn't wait to get home, but it didn't take long for Home Sweet Home to turn a little sour.  First the air conditioner drain had gotten clogged up and water had seeped between the wall the divides the laundry room and dining room and had also seeped under the carpet in the dining room.  What a mess!  We had to rip out part of the dining room wall and replace it (after Homer had found the source of the trouble and repaired it)  The carpet had to be pulled up and dried out.  It will have to be replaced, but that is for another day.

The chicory weed had taken over most of the property and although the blue flowers are very pretty, I really did not want a whole yard full of them!

Last Sunday we got up to discover that the refrigerator had died during the night.  Yuck!  Fortunately, it was repairable.  The bad news was I did lose some food.  The good news was, it was time for a thorough cleaning anyway and I had been putting it off so that chore is now done.

Sometime during the last couple of weeks in Nevada, I managed to injure my knee.  Not sure just how or when but I have been hobbling around ever since.  I finally decided last week to go and get an x-ray to find out what is going on there.  I haven't received the results on that yet.

Add to that a major heat wave!

I was just about ready to throw myself a first class pity-party but then yesterday was Sunday.  We got our selves ready and made it to church without anything else going wrong.  There, we were greeted with hugs and "welcome home" from out church family.  By the end of the service, our world was right side up again, our priorities back in line and it really was good to be back home.

No comments: